Friday, February 11, 2011

Seasonal Human Migration: Snowbirds

"Migratory People Called Snowbirds" taken from the Wikipedia free encyclopedia definition.

Snowbirds are described as "typically retirees from the colder areas of the U.S and Canada who spend a large portion of the Winter in warmer locales".

The Coachella Valley is listed as a major destination for Snowbirds. Why? Sunshine,warm temperatures, golf etc etc

What I hope to accomplish with this blog is a look into the lives of Snowbirds and not just Jack and I...

What do we do all Winter? What goes into planning "The Great Migration"?. Do we ever feel the urge to ski again? ( answer ..NO)

As most of you know Jack and I travel during the summer months in our 5th wheel.I'll spend some time over the next few weeks outlining the planning process for this trip.

Hopefully I'll also keep you entertained with some of our Winter activities here in the Coachella Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment