Monday, May 30, 2011

La Jolla

Weird little seahorses
View of La Jolla from Birch aquarium
Yeah it's corny

Drove up the coast a few miles to La Jolla (la hoya) and the Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institute.  A nice little aquarium with a great assortment of weird seahorses I never knew existed. Dwarf seahorses are the size of your little fingernail! The observation deck has tidal pools and a fantastic view overlooking the beach.

After visiting the aquarium we took the scenic route through La Jolla and the beaches were packed with surfers and picnic-ers. I've decided when I win the lottery/ jackpot I am moving to La Jolla.  I think it makes Palm Springs look shabby.What a beautiful town,perfect weather, and the beaches are incredible.... One of the real estate mags I picked up the other day had a house in La Jolla renting for $45,000 a month...yes 45 THOUSAND.

Came back over the Coronado Bridge and the Silver Strand State Park just down the road from us, which is basically a parking lot on the beach, is also packed with RV's.I googled this park and the nightly rate is $50 without any hookups (water,power,sewer) at all!

We'll be leaving here in 15 days and heading North to Simi Valley for a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment