Saturday, March 26, 2011

Take One,Leave One

I like to read.  When we travel I'm always scouting the RV parks for the book exchange room. Generally there is a sign that states "take one,leave one". Sometimes I take two. Sometimes I leave two.I have been disappointed more than once by a book exchange room filled with only Harlequin Romances. I am never without books and I gravitate to bookstores in any town we visit. I can spend hours in a bookstore and I can't imagine ever "reading" a book via a Kindle or online. I like to hold a real book and turn the pages.

Lately I have been reading about RV travel....living vicariously through other's adventures on the road. It is making me anxious to begin our own travels again. Our departure date is in 50 days.  In the meantime I have been looking over my home library and thinking ahead to those books I always travel with....North American Birds,Seashores of the Pacific Northwest,Desert Wildflowers and North American Weather (about clouds). I'll take my Intro to Spanish book as well but so far after three years I am still on lesson 2.Maybe this year I'll get through the entire book and be able to communicate with Martin the gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment