Saturday, March 5, 2011

Wildflower Festival

Sharon and Pam on hike
Chuparosa
Lupine

Sharon,Pam and I attended the Wildflower festival at Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains National Monument Visitors Center. We parked at a church and took the shuttle bus to the Visitors Center. On our hike the guide pointed out numerous wildflowers. Some of them looked like weeds to me but others like the Chuparosa and Lupine (above) were pretty. Last year I missed out on the hikes because I was using the restroom and they left without me! The guide said that Desert Tortoises are so well adapted to the desert because they have a special water bladder for storage. You should never pick up a Tortoise because they will pee and can lose 3-4 months worth of hydration.

The festival also has a wine tasting (too early in the day for us!) live music, vendors and a raffle giving away gift baskets. It was a fun way to spend the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment