Monday, June 27, 2011

Greenlake

Best Friend Denise: We took pictures of each other taking pictures of each other
Love you XXOOO

The house I grew up in across the street from Greenlake (Seattle WA)

I met my best friend of 35 plus years at Greenlake today for a walk around the lake and lunch. We don't see each other too often these days but it only takes us a couple of minutes before we have each other laughing hysterically. Neither one of us wanted our picture taken so we took pictures of each other taking pictures of each other. LOL
 My grandparents owned a house across the street from Greenlake and when they passed away my family moved into it. The house did not look anything like the picture above. In fact when we moved into it there was still a wringer washer in the dirt floor basement and pull cords for the lights...no switches! I always like to check out the house when I walk around Greenlake. Denise and I had a nice visit,they are always too short, but time with her no matter how short is always fun for me.We know things about each other that we will carry to the grave...right Denise??  Sprinkles of rain on the drive back to Lake Sawyer and I don't think the temperature ever reached the 78 degrees predicted but it is pleasant enough.

Tomorrow we are taking a new TV up to my Mom's in Seattle. We have put at least 500 miles on the rental car since Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment